By: Bishop OB Commey
2nd Timothy 2:19-21
1 . Commitment
Assess the levels of commitment and press to the higher level
People who join when everything is OK.
Proverbs 19:4 (Wealth maketh many friends)
This is the lowest type of commitment
This is based on a situation.
This is not based on any situation
Your commitment to the church should be like marriage. Should be forever.
Types of Church Members with different levels of devotion
Very fast, swift and unfriendly
They do not want to linger around in church
A bit more domesticated, they linger around a bit.
They are independent and stubborn. They don’t follow easily.
Easy to control, they follow the Shepherd.
How to be devoted and make others be devoted
1. Make a decision to be devoted today
2. We must say good things about the church.
3. Say good things about the pastors
4. Interact and socialize in the church
5. Say good things about the teachings
6. Help your friends in church to get jobs
7. Marry within the church
8. Let the pastor be a father to you
When you are loyal, you are reliable and dependable, staunch and devoted.
It also means to be the same.
To be faithful to the end.
You should become a permanent member in the church.
Be transformed by the renewal of your mind
1. See yourself as part of the family
2. See yourself as part of a building
1st Corinthians 9:2
3. Have it in mind that you are part of a garden. You add to the beauty of the church
4. Have it in mind that you are part of a tree
5. You must be planted in order to flourish